Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Loafers and moccasins are my love ;]



Whitney Port in her brown and tan moccasins (reality star)



PAIN FREE-STRESS FREE-LAID BACK-LOAFERS! I can talk about this foreverrrr! Was just reading the papers, and my dad was talking about this article that featured loafers, mainly penny loafers, but it just struck me that I had to blog about it. Since when people only love to wear 5-inches, platforms, wedges and stuff, I see them everyday everywhere! they are just so un-inspirational, okay I have to admit that the so look sexy on SOME people, but it doesn't mean that everyone can carry a 4.5-inch platform to school! That is just insane! Regardless of the whole sex appeal of heels and it makes you taller, and have longer looking legs, I don't see a thing that attracts me to them, they not comfortable at all! So my choice will be something stylish, comfy and classic! LOAFERS PEOPLE! okay, for those who are not familiar with loafers (i.e my Mr.J) here's a little "Loafers for dummies" for you guys.
Loafers are basically referring to slip-on, typically low, lace-less shoes, but not as simple. Loafers have an opening with a patch of fabric that slightly "tilts" upward to let your foot to slide right in, and they are usually made of leather, suede or patent leather. There are different types of loafers. My dad, for example wears his Penny Loafers to work and literally you insert a penny in your shoe (well in HK we don't have pennies so we use a cent) Penny loafers are usually made with very hard leather and they are very structured. As in for me, I choose the Moccasin style of loafers, which are usually suede type like material, and they are colourful ;) okay enough of me talking.

So, the next pair of loarfers that I wanna get is an oxford style patent leather penny loafers in red probably, smiliesss =)

PENNY and OXFORD LOAFERS


Hey Alexa, it's you again!

Jen x

No comments:

Post a Comment